Simpson & Brown Architects with Addyman Archaeology

Menu

Penicuik House

A major ruin consolidation project of the historically important Penicuik House. The seven-year project was completed in 2014 and was shortlisted for a RIAS award in 2015.

Find out more →

Mavisbank

Funding is currently being sought to partially restore the house to provide a watertight shell. It is intended that the two pavilions will be converted to a small holiday let and the other to creative arts workshops with exhibition space.

Find out more →

Old College Quad

A major landscaping project at Edinburgh University which completes the Playfair scheme of the early 19th century. The works revealed centuries of archaeology, including a medieval burial ground, a 17th century courtyard and an 18th century chemistry store.

Find out more →

Elvaston Castle Country Park

Simpson & Brown was engaged to identify and report on the quantity and costs of essential repairs to the historic buildings, structures and landscape elements of the 200 acre Elvaston Castle Estate, near Derby.

Find out more →

Blyth Battery

Simpson & Brown undertook the full restoration of this exceptional example of a complete First World War coastal defence battery within an environmentally sensitive coastal site in Northumberland.

Find out more →

Thomson's Tower

Thomson's Tower is a restored octagonal curling house by W H Playfair, built for the Duddingston Curling Society in 1825. It is located on the north side of Duddingston Loch to the south-east of Edinburgh.

Find out more →
Landscapes, Ruins & Monuments Archive →