Kinross House is a category A listed building located between the shore of Loch Leven and the town of Kinross, in Perth & Kinross.
The building comprises of two major phases of development: it was built in the last quarter of the 17th century by the architect and politician Sir William Bruce (c1625-1710) for himself, and altered in the early 20th century by the architectural firms of Lorimer & Matthew and MacGibbon & Ross.
This conservation plan provided an overview of the historical development of the building, followed by an assessment of its overall significance and the significance of its component parts. From this understanding of the place, a set of policies relating to the site was produced to guide future use, alteration and management of the building.
We were delighted that when the conservation plan was submitted in support of an application for listed building consent the Architectural Heritage Society of Scotland wrote in support stating that "we have been deeply impressed by the Conservation Plan by Simpson & Brown submitted with these applications. In historic and conservation terms it is an extremely important document to say nothing of it's evident scholarly quality."