In 1901 the Baldovan Orphanage and Asylum began to open new premises on a site just outside Dundee in what is now Angus. Later known as Strathmartine Hospital, the site was sold by the NHS in 2003. The main building is category B listed, and the site also includes a number of pavilion ward blocks from the 1930s, ‘50s and ‘60s. Simpson & Brown were commissioned by the current owner to produce a Conservation Statement that will assist in the regeneration of the site for future residential use.
Unfortunately, the site has suffered from extensive vandalism in recent years, and we are working with the owner to ensure that a more positive future for the site can be achieved.