Simpson & Brown Architects with Addyman Archaeology

Menu

Filter

Archaeology
Heritage Consultancy
Museums, Galleries & Visitor Centres
Places of Worship
Leisure & Commercial
Residential
Castles & Country Estates
Landscapes, Ruins & Monuments

Arbroath Abbey Visitor Centre

Located within the grounds of Arbroath Abbey in Angus, this oak framed Visitor Centre provides facilities for visitors to the historic abbey. It featured a complex curved sedum roof, the first of its kind in Scotland.

Project Link →

Blyth Battery

Simpson & Brown undertook the full restoration of this exceptional example of a complete First World War coastal defence battery within an environmentally sensitive coastal site in Northumberland.

Project Link →

The Botanic Cottage

The cottage stood at the entrance to the original Edinburgh Botanic Garden on Leith Walk from 1763 to 1820. In 2008 the cottage was dismantled and will be re-built within the Botanic Gardens at Inverlieth in 2014.

Project Link →

David Marshall Lodge

A purpose built ticket and office building built for at the David Marshall Lodge Visitor Centre near Aberfoyle. It provides facilities for the high rope adventure company ‘Go-Ape’ and houses a wood-fuel storage bunker and boiler.

Project Link →

Dawyck Gateway

Opening in 2008 the award winning new gateway buildings at The Royal Botanic Gardens in Dawyck replaced the existing facilities providing extensive new accommodation for visitors, staff and equipment.

Project Link →

Gardynes Land

Simpson & Brown produced a Feasibility Study for the conversion and restoration of the Gardynes Land buildings in Dundee. This culminated in the proposal for conversion into a Youth Hostel. Works began in 2000 and were completed in 2005.

Project Link →