Simpson & Brown Architects with Addyman Archaeology

Menu

Filter

Archaeology
Heritage Consultancy
Museums, Galleries & Visitor Centres
Places of Worship
Leisure & Commercial
Residential
Castles & Country Estates
Landscapes, Ruins & Monuments

Blackburn House

Major restorations works were carried out at the category A-listed 18th century Blackburn House between 2005 and 2008. The house and outbuildings now provide office and studio space for the Creative Industries.

Download Project sheet → Project Link →

Blairtummock House

Blairtummock House is a category B-listed building in Easterhouse, Glasgow. We were the architects for its conversion to an Enterprise Centre providing office accommodation as part of the area regeneration.

Download Project sheet → Project Link →

Blyth Battery

Simpson & Brown undertook the full restoration of this exceptional example of a complete First World War coastal defence battery within an environmentally sensitive coastal site in Northumberland.

Project Link →

The Botanic Cottage

The cottage stood at the entrance to the original Edinburgh Botanic Garden on Leith Walk from 1763 to 1820. In 2008 the cottage was dismantled and will be re-built within the Botanic Gardens at Inverlieth in 2014.

Project Link →

Bouctouche

Bouctouche is a new private chapel in New Brunswick, Canada. The chapel next to an old Protestant burial ground which contains memorials to the many Scots families who emigrated to this part of Canada from south-west Scotland.

Project Link →

Branshogle

Mains of Branshogle in Stirlingshire is en extensively remodelled cottage with strong ecological approach. To take advantage of passive solar gain and to use the massive stone external walls as a heat sink, a new sun porch runs the entire length of the south elevation.

Project Link →