A feasibility study investigates and evaluates the potential of a site or building. It clearly sets out a brief history of the site, and its overall condition and significance, as well as the constraints and opportunities. Options are developed, compared, and a preferred option is established and a programme of work identified. These studies are often grant funded and then form part of the submission for further grant applications.
We have undertaken many feasibility studies during our years in practice; a high percentage have been realised as actual projects. We believe that this is due to the quality of our work. This quality results from:-
- Years of collective experience in this field working on successful studies.
- Professionalism in our management, production and programming of the study.
- Dedication and added value stemming from genuine enthusiasm and interest in the project .
- A thorough, considered, logical and focused approach to the study.
- Care taken to understandf the site, its history and context.
- A detailed understanding of the grant aiding system and its requirements.
- Open-mindedness and lateral thinking.
- Imagination, inspiration and creative ability.
- Impressive in-house presentation skills and the ability to produce clear diagrams and beautiful promotional drawings.
- Good communication and networking skills, coupled with an ability to work well with large groups.
Our feasibility studies are always tailored to meet a client’s needs. They can range from a relatively simple assessment to a complex review of different sites and potential uses. In all cases the project is appraised, options are identified in discussion with the client and outline schemes are developed, costed and reviewed with the client body and other interested parties. A preferred option is selected and promotional illustrations are produced together with valuations, lists of possible funding sources and a clear summary of conclusions. We recognise that the study is a means to an end and we aim to produce a document that is a useful tool to our clients, one to guide them through the next stages of their project.