Simpson & Brown Architects with Addyman Archaeology

Menu

Ewan Lawson

Ewan studied at the Scott Sutherland School of Architecture in Aberdeen and joined Simpson & Brown in 2007 having also spent a year with the practice during his studies.  Ewan became an Associate in 2011, and now leads one of our architecture teams.

Ewan was the project architect for the Penicuik House Project – a seven year project to consolidate and preserve the ruined country house which was destroyed by fire in 1899.  The project was shortlisted in the 2015 RIAS Awards.  Within the Penicuik Estate, Ewan has also worked on the repair of two masonry bridges; the Knightslaw Bridge and the Roman Bridge.  Other conservation projects have included Lews Castle in Stornoway, Elvaston Castle and Country Park near Derby, Acheson House in Edinburgh and repairs to St Margaret’s Church in Braemar.

Ewan was involved in the construction of the new visitor centre within the former glasshouses and potting sheds at Eltham Palace in Greenwich for English Heritage, and recently completed a number of houses, involving both new build and alterations, in a Scottish Highland Estate for a private client.

 


 

     Eltham Palace Visitor Centre

Left. Penicuik    Right. Eltham Palace visitor centre